|Phone||(+994 12) 5390221|
|Fax||(+994 12) 5390102|
|Chief||Correspondent member of ANAS, doctor of Sciences, academician Russian Academy of Nature Sciences Panahov Geylani Minhaj oglu|
|Total number of employees||6|
|Basic activity directions||Department of fluid mechanics operates in solving scientific problems of fluid dynamics, oil-field mechanics as a scientific unit of the Institute of Mathematics and Mechanics. The department activity related to the conduct of theoretical, experimental and applied research in the field of fluid mechanics.
The scientific team has successfully developed topical research areas in the field of fluid, non-stationary processes of gas and disperse systems flow and filtration mathematical statistics, mathematical simulation, operations research, etc., developing innovative energy-saving industrial technologies. Research on oil field mechanics are a valuable contribution to the problem solution of fluid dynamics.
Fluid mechanics, being one of the main areas of mechanics, covers a range of related science areas. Significant results were obtained in the field of oil-field mechanics, nonlinear mechanics, fluid dynamics and other research areas.
|Main scientific achievements||- effect of physical fields on heavy, waxy oil, showing that the impact of magnetic and electric fields on non-Newtonian oil arise integrative effects of the structural and surface properties of hydrocarbons that appear as paramagnetic and electrokinetic effects;
- diagnostic methods of fractal structures in enhanced oil recovery processes have been developed;
- hydrodynamics problems of the rheology of complex, non-equilibrium systems in pipes and porous media, and the propagation of nonlinear waves in a nonlinear and continuous media were investigated;
- electrokinetic effects under the fluids flow in pipes and porous media was investigated, showing the presence of electric-viscosity effects that justify the existence of quasi-periodic and chaotic oscillations in disperse systems. Theoretical and practical aspects of the fractal structures adjustment in filtration processes are considered;
- viscous-elastic properties of composite structures have been investigated, experimental and CFD studies carried out, a new class of viscoelastic compositions with adjustable parameters was created. Designed compositions are widely used in the operations of high pressure gas pipelines with variable cross section cleaning from water, condensation, mechanical accumulations on the Western Siberia oil fields (Surgut, Nijnevartovsk, Perm, Langepas, etc.) with a total length of over 300 km. Viscoelastic compositions successfully implemented on the Azerbaijan oil fields of ("Oil Rocks", "N.Narimanov", "Gum Adasi", "Absheronneft" OGPU). The compositions used effectively as a viscous-elastic divider in the drilling wells on the Mexico Gulf (USA);
- technological process for direct impact on the oil reservoir through the use of systems with non-equilibrium effects, allowing providing of the single-phase state of gas-liquid displacing agents. Theoretical and experimental studies of wave processes in the flow of non-Newtonian fluids, transient effect and physical fields on filtration in porous media, mathematical simulation of displacement in porous media were the basis for developing new approaches in the oil field mechanics. It should also be noted an innovative technology for the fractal structures control at the interface through the generation and regulation of local pressure during in-situ gas generation;
- theoretical basis and field technology of blocking barriers creation in highly permeable porous media channels based on a quasi-periodic foam have been developed;
- new processes based on the use of gas-liquid systems adjusting equilibrium of a single phase state of the displacement in porous media, provide targeting impact on the oil reservoir was developed. These technologies have been successfully implemented on the oil fields «Azerneft» (SOCAR), more than 100 operation was realized on the injection wells in Western Siberia (oil company TNK-BP, LUKOIL, Slavneft), on the offshore oil field at Bohai Bay (CNOOC, China) for more than 20 injection wells of «Zhongyuan-Sinopek», 5 injection wells in «Jidong-Petrochina», on a 3 injection wells of Oklahoma oil field (USA);
- new gas desorption process at the any stage of field operation on the gas deposits by stimulating adsorbed gas desorption in the clay interlayers have been investigated;
- effective technology solution for control of density and viscosity instabilities during oil displacement has been developed;
- wave problems of a two-phase barotropic fluid flow in deformable tubes have been investigated;
- theoretical, experimental and applied researches conducted at the department are a basis for the development of energy-saving technologies, which addresses to the modern innovation problems.
Applied developments used on oil fields of Azerbaijan, Russian Federation, United States, China and Vietnam.
Department employees have 55 patents for inventions of Eurasian, Azerbaijan and Russia Patent Offices.