||AZ1141, Azerbaijan Republic, Baku, B.Vahabzadeh str., 9A
||(+994 12) 5390167
||(+994 12) 5396121
Rasim Mahammad oglu Alguliyev
Academician, Dr.tec.sc., Prof.
Office phone.: (+994 12) 5390167, 5103203
Mob.:(+994 50) 2156432
Fax: (+994 12) 5396121
|Deputy director on Technologies
Rashid Gurbanali oglu Alakbarov
PhD in technique, Associate professor
Office phone.: (+994 12) 5102968
Mob.: (+994 50) 3136196
Fax: (+994 12) 5396121
||For general affairs
Shakir Aghajan oglu Mehdiyev
Office phone: (+994 12) 5399693
||Mahmud Rustam oglu Valibayov
Office phone.: (+994 12) 5397213
||Madina Tajaddin qizi Saidova
Office phone.: (+994 12) 5102760
||The Institute was founded in 1972 based on the Department of Automized Control Systems of the Institute of Cybernetics of ANAS. Since 1982 DACS has been functioning individually. In 1997 Information-Telecommunication Scientific Centre was established based on DACS.
On May 21, 2002 the Institute of Information Technologies was established based on ITSC.
|Basic activity directions
- Researching scientific-theoretical problems of Information Society
- Problems of information culture formation
- Problems of Internet Regulation
- Ensuring information security
- Problems of the application of Azerbaijani language in virtual environment
- Problems of e-government formation
- Problems of e-science formation
- Researching Biometric technologies
- Problems of Information knowledge economy formation
- Problems of different aspects of Internet study formation
- Multi-aspect problems of supercomputer technologies (cloud, grid, etc.)
- Detection, analysis and management of social networks
- Problems of Internet-geography formation
- Researching Information War technologies
- Environmental and socio-economic problems of e-waste
- Formation and development problems of scientometrics
- Problems of Terminological Informatics formation
- Problems of e-medicine formation
- Problems of attaining knowledge from wide data sets
|Main scientific achievements
- Models and methods were developed for the design of distributed data mining systems in computer networks; methods, algorithms and architectural-engineering principles were developed for the synthesis and safety of distributed virtual computing environments (supercomputer and Cloud Computing); methods and algorithms were developed for the synthesis of distributed mining systems of audio-data.
- Certain class of special operational aircraft flight data processing and intelligent analysis system was developed on the basis of new information technology; methods and algorithms were developed for the diagnosis of aircraft installations.
- Models were developed for virtualisation of communication resources of global computer networks, for the evaluation of their global state and for the optimization of efficiency indicators basing on various criteria; optimization models and algorithms were developed for the optimal management of information exchange in global network basing on P2P technology, for the optimal structuring of irregularly structured information spaces by the CDN technology, for the network synthesis of dynamically formed intelligent content-servers.
- Content analysis models were proposed for the GIS technologies and information environment as a feedback mechanism in e-government governance; models and algorithms were developed for the intelligent analysis of text documents to provide and control information safety of e-government, to promote quality indicators of information search, mining and document circulation systems in e-government. Models and methods were proposed to ensure formation, management, assessment, information safety of e-science, which is an integral part of e-government.
- Important results have been achieved in the field of web analytics. Thus, approaches, methods and algorithms were proposed to promote the intelligent analysis of the Internet use and the quality indicators of Internet search engines, and to ensure web-systems safety, to detect and analyze various types of social networks in the web; a system of conceptual models and indicators were proposed to classify web resources according to ccTLD and gTLD, to define information relations between them according to the semantic and geographic characteristics, to assess information import and export volume, to conduct statistics.
- Scientific and theoretical, methodological and architectural basics of synthesis of adaptive virtual private networks ensuring the sustainability of information safety of corporate networks were developed; optimal distributed authentication system was developed for adaptive networks in terms of cost and time; theoretical-game model of decision-making in battling active threats of corporate networks was proposed. In addition, models were proposed for detection of threats to information safety of computer networks, for assessment and management of information safety risks.
- Models, methods, algorithms and protocols were developed for the synthesis of improvement of Ad hoc and sensor networks and their service quality performance.
- Cryptographic methods and algorithms were developed basing on the elliptic curves over the finite-squares for e-signature infrastructure. A number of methods and algorithms were proposed for the development of biometric identification systems and evaluation of their safety, for the protection of biometric templates and ensuring interoperability of biometric sensors; methods were proposed for the synthesis of biometric cryptosystems by combining practical advantages of biometric technologies and asymmetric cryptographic systems; algorithms and methods were developed for human face recognition basing on photographs.
- methods and algorithms were developed for mining of knowledge with fuzzy relational structure; the segment of ICT specialists in labor market was analyzed by the application of fuzzy logic; functional models of principles and interaction were proposed to form supply and demand for ICT specialists; methods based on fuzzy logic and decision making theories were developed for intelligent support of decision-making for human resource management in the organization.
- Transformation issues of the market economy of the information society were examined; methodology basis was developed for the evaluation of development rate of knowledge-based economy; proposals were put forward to ensure the security of the information economy in Azerbaijan.
|Total number of employees
Council of Young Scientists and Specialists:
PhD Fargana Abdullayeva
- deputy chair
- scientific secretary
- deputy chairman
- bureau members
|Doctors of sciences