|Phone||(+994 12) 5100141 (+254)|
|Fax||(+994 12) 5372285|
|Chief||Babayev Gulam Rustam oglu
Doctor of Earth’s sciences, associate professor
|Total number of employees||7|
|Basic activity directions||
- Investigation and estimation of space-time peculiarities of the seismic regime, seismicity of the region by the statistical and mathematical methods and study of the distribution theory.
- Interpretation of the earthquake focal mechanism and stress state assessment of the Caucasus (WORLD STRESS MAP).
- Defining the main inter-relations and relation of the deformation processes with seismicity, and their assessment.
- Studying the relationship of mud volcanism with earthquakes.
- Distribution study of the stress state formed in the medium by the effect of the strong earthquakes.
- Response evaluation of the seismic processes on the exploration efficiency of the oil deposit.
- Seismic hazard and risk estimation, developing new methods.
- Microtremor researches.
- Paleoseismology. Determination of the “paleoearthquakes” on the territory of Azerbaijan.
|Main scientific achievements||
- According to the seismic hazard models, the main seismic and tectonic peculiarities and potential seismogenic structures of Absheron peninsula influenced on the seismicity were defined.
-With the application of Nakamura method, it was defined that ground conditions affect seismic intensity in Baku city.
- Seismic hazard assessment for Absheron peninsula on the basis of probabilistic and deterministic theories was performed.
-With application of clusterization, Alan factor analysis and multidimensional grouping, the dynamics of the seismic events’ frequency were revealed.
- The changes of static and dynamic stress state of mud volcanoes located in Shamakhi-Gobustan and Absheron areas before and after the strong Caspian earthquake occurred on the 25th of November, 2000 were analyzed.
- Modeling of strong ground motion of Baku city on the basis of parameters of scenario earthquakes