|Address||AZ1143, Azerbaijan Republic, Baku city, H.Javid Ave. 113|
|Phone||(+994 12) 5399382
(+994 12) 5393871
(+994 12) 5397756
|Fax||(+994 12) 5108593|
|Director||Academician Dilgam Taghiyev Babir oglu
Office phone: (+994 12) 4921556; (+994 12) 4927581; (+994 12) 5399382
Fax: (+994 12) 4921556
|Deputy directors||Babanly Mahammad Baba oglu
Correspondent member of ANAS
Office phone: (+994 12 ) 5387756
Mob.: (+994 51) 8378621
Doctor on chemical sciences
Office phone: (+994 12) 5108591
Mob.: (+994 50 ) 5784587
|Establishment history||The Institute of Chemistry – historical predecessor of M.Nagiyev Institute of Catalysis and Inorganic Chemistry was founded in 1935 within Azerbaijan branch of AS of USSR. In 1965 the name of the Institute of Chemistry was changed to Institute of Inorganic and Physical Chemistry of Azerbaijan AS and this very year the Institute of Theoretical Problems of Chemical Technology of Azerbaijan AS was organized on the base of “Theoretical problems department” functioning under the leadership of academician Murtuza Nagiyev in the Institute of Petrochemical Processes. In 2002 these two Institutes were merged and the Institute of Chemical Problems named after academician M.Nagiyev was founded on their basis under decision of Cabinet of Ministry of Azerbaijan Republic. Name of the institute was changed to M.Nagiyev Institute of Catalysis and Inorganic Chemistry according to the decision of Cabinet of Ministry of Azerbaijan Republic dated on 15 April 2014.|
|Basic activity directions||Development of fundamental bases of catalysis;
Working out of profitable catalysts and adsorbents for conversion of hydrocarbons and gas chemistry and environmental protection;
Study of kinetics and mechanism of chemical processes, their modeling and optimization;
Synthesis of different functional materials, nano-composites, molecular magnetic and conductors;
Creation of effective processes for processing of local mineral raw materials and obtaining of practically important inorganic compounds, corrosion protection of hydrotechnical installations.
Main scientific achievements
|Technological scheme of complex processing of mineral resources of Azerbaijan (polyme¬tal ores, clays zeolites and others) has been developed;
New inorganic compounds and hard solutions with special properties (photo-, thermoelectric, magnetic and medical-biological) have been synthesized;
Scientific bases of preparation of zeolite catalysts modified by high-efficiency, ion exchange method have been created for oxidative transformation reactions of aliphatic alcohols to aldehydes, acids and complex ethers in one stage;
Theory of coherent –synchronized reactions has been created and a new method for kinetic analysis of complex reactions has been proposed;
- Scientific bases of development of biome-metic sensors on the basis of immobilized ferriporphyrin biomimetic catalysts which can imitate the main functions of catalase and peroxidase ferments have been developed;
Electrochemical methods of obtaining semi-conductor metal coverings and films have been developed, methods of protection from corrosion have been formed;
New principles of synthesis and regulating the properties of complex forming polymer sorbents and metal polymer complex catalysts have been developed;
Stable nitroxyl-radical complexes of transition metals with chelating ligands have been synthesized; their molecular and crystal structures have been studied.
Main scientific achievements of 2015 – 2017
-Semiconductor biomimetic electrode (Si) of catalase type the basic operating element is iron porphyrinic biomimetic catalyst was prepared for the first time. High activity and sensitivity of an electrode allows detecting the concentration of H2O2 up to 10-6 mass %, and the resistance to the effect of H2O2 facilitates its recycling.
- A new method based on the determination of coordinated mass- and heat flows has been developed for modeling and optimum design of chemical and technological systems on the example of optimum design of a complex of processing of cracking and pyrolysis gas.
- It is established that introduction of molybdenum on a surface of steel SH-15 Cr-Ti – carbide film by the method of thermo diffusion its anticorrosive and anti-erosive stability considerably increases and potential pitting -formation is displaced to a positive side on 200 mV.
- To preserve the prolonged effect of biologically active antibiotic doxorubicin nanocomposites poly-N-vinylpyrrolidone and biologically active antibiotic of doxorubicine nanobiocomposites on the basis of poly-N – arabic gum comprising 14-18 nm nanoparticles of silver were synthesized.
- Optimum parameters and the modes of extraction of valuable components from wastes of Dashkasan mining and processing works are defined. Ecologically harmless ways of leaching valuable metals from ore wastes have been developed in Azerbaijan for the first time.
- The perfect monocrystals of some mixed-layer tellurides on heavy p-elements with the properties of topological insulators have been grown and by joint researches with the international collaborators the possible application of them as effective transistors in terahertz detectors has been shown. On the basis of nanoantennas assembled from nanoscales of monocrystal layers the pilot scanning plant by means of which high-quality images of internal contents of various opaque objects have been obtained, has been prepared.
- Hydrosulphuric corrosion which is the result of activity of microbiological bacteria has been found on subwater steel constructions of Mingachevir reservoir. Having anaerobic properties, these microorganisms, feeding with sulfate ions in water environment releases H2S which promotes pitting corrosion.
- A method for obtaining 4 substituted monomer and oligomer phenylenediamines as prospective electrode materials for organic batteries has been developed.
- 7-9 nm new class piezoelectric nanocomposites of silver have been prepared on the basis of copolymer of poly-N-vinylpyrrolidone and arabic gum for designing acoustic antennas with a wide frequency interval for identification of subwater objects.
- The optimum mode and parameters of the directed synthesis of rutile and anatase modifications of titanium dioxide of Ajinohur titanium magnetite concentrates with natural gas using bioactive agent of chitosan as a modifier have been defined and the technological scheme of the process has been developed.
- Cd3As2S3Se3 compound with higher photosensitivity in wide spectral region compared to CdS, used in solar batteries has been synthesized. Photosensitive, optical properties of Cd3As2S3Se3 were studied, and the prospects of its using as a photo resistor in solar batteries have been shown.
- Selective action of biomimetic catalyst – perfluorinated iron tetraphenylporphyrin (per-FTPhPFe(III) OH/Al2O3) was established in the relation to cyclohexane in oxidation with hydrogen peroxide using methylcyclohexane and it was shown that in the process 11,3% of cyclohexanone is produced at 2000С, and at 2300С - 23,2% of cyclohexene.
- Single-stage solid-phase synthesis of metal ferrites from their oxides and natural raw materials – Dashkasan magnetite was performed under the effect of microwave radiation and their high activity in carbon monoxide oxidation reaction was established.
- Composites on a basis of hydrogels of quaternized poly-4-vinylpyridine containing silver nanoparticles on which the antibiotic doxycycline was immobilized have been synthesized and it was established that doxicycline keeps the biological activity for a long time in a nanocomposite and its partial separation from the carrier is observed for 48 hours.
- The technique of electrochemical obtaining nanostructured solar elements CdS/CdTe on a basis of glass /(In2O3,SnO2)/CdS(CdTe) has been developed and hybrid device for solar elements and nanocondensers accumulating electric energy was designed.
The most important results of acad. M.Nagiyev Institute of Catalysts and Inorganic Chemistry of ANAS for 2018.
- There has been elaborated analytic 3 D model for dependence of non –balanced Gibbs energy on partial pressure of components at the process of reconstruction iron- and vanadium containing ore concentrates in the stream of natural gas, which allowed determining the parameters of partial pressures to reduce the initial temperature of reconstruction to1000 C.
- For the first time with the use of ionic liquid (morpholine formate) as an electrolyte by EMF (electro moving force) method with a high exactness the partial and integral thermodynamic functions of triple compounds formed in systems M-X-I (M –Tl,Sb, Bi; X-S, Se, Te) have been determined. This allows considerably widening the opportunity of using EMF method in the research of inorganic systems.
- Compounds of thiosemicarbazones and hydrazones of carboxylic acids with metals of the first transitive period have been synthesized, their structure has been studied and it was established, that these compounds with inhibiting ability towards some ferments, are potential medicines against Alzheimer's disease and glaucoma.
- Kinetic regularities were studied and mathematical model of selective hydration reaction of phenyl acetylene –by-product, formed in the production of polystyrene on non-metal catalyst-mesoporous polymer carbonitride was constructed.
- Encapsulation of medicine L-tyroxine on N-methyl N-benzyl derivative, obtained during the interaction of chitosan with formic aldehyde and benzaldehyde, which has much higher solubility was performed. This biocomplex was tested in vivo on mice, where for a month there was not noticed any reverse reaction.
- On the mass-transfer and rheological properties of oil dispersive media there have been suggested diffusive and gravitational mechanisms, the models of asphalt, resin and solid phase precipitations, which contain crude oil, and formation models of dense layer of particles on the surface of oil equipment. The offered models allow predicting the condition of oil equipment within a time and choosing optimum conditions to prolong the time of their exploitation.
|Total number of employees||Number of employees - 471
scientific workers - 291, including
5 academicians, 4 corresponding members,
35 doctors of sciences, 134 Ph.Ds.
- deputy chairman
academician Dilgam Taghiyev
corresponding member Mahammad Babanly
doctor of sciences in chemistry Mina Munshiyeva
academician Tofik Nagiyev
academician Agadadash Aliyev
doctor of sciences in chemistry, prof. Vagif Ahmadov
academician Ajdar Majidov
doctor of sciences in chemistry, prof. Asif Mammadov
correspondent member Ali Nuriyev
correspondent member Gudret Kelbeliyev
doctor of sciences in chemistry, prof. Ikhtiyar Bakhtiyarly
doctor of sciences in chemistry, prof. Arif Efendi
doctor of sciences in chemistry, senior researcher Akif Aliyev
doctor of sciences in chemistry, prof. Gulmammad Suleymanov
doctor of sciences in chemistry, prof. Fikret Sadigov
doctor of sciences in chemistry, senior researcher Nizami Zeynalov
PhD in chemistry, associate professor Faig Mammadov
doctor of sciences in chemistry Elza Salahova
doctor of sciences in chemistry Eldar Zeynalov
PhD in chemistry Esmira Kuli-zade
doctor of sciences in chemistry Ali Yagubov
doctor of sciences in chemistry Iltifat Latifov
doctor of sciences in chemistry, prof. Imir Aliyev
doctor of sciences in chemistry, prof. Mirsalim Asadov
PhD in chemistry Rena Mirzayeva
doctor of sciences in chemistry Sardar Zeynalov
doctor of sciences in chemistry, associate professor Nahmat Alizadeh
PhD on chemistry Vaqif Qasimov
Council of Young Scientists and Specialists:
PhD in chemistry, leading researcher, associate professor Faig Mammadov
junior researcher Ulvi Najaf-Guliyev
PhD in chemistry, leading researcher Ulviyye Mammadova
junior researcher Sariyya Agamammadova
junior researcher Zaur Abdullayev
PhD in chemistry, senior researcher Ulvi Mammadov
scientific researcher Sevinj Osmanova
junior researcher Vusal Ahmadov
scientific researcher Nurana Malikova
PhD in chemistry, senior researcher Shamo Tapdigov
PhD in chemistry, senior researcher Nurana Abbasova
junior researcher Elmir Babayev
junior researcher Elvin Jabbarov
junior researcher Gulshen Nehmetova
- deputy chair
- scientific secretary- members
academician Taghiyev Dilgam Babir oglu
corresponding member Babanli Mahammad Baba oglu
PhD in chemistry Aliyeva Sevar Alakbar gizi
doctor of sciences in chemistry Abbasov Sefa Islam ogludoctor of sciences in chemistry Aghahuseynova Minira Mammadali gizi
doctor of sciences in chemistry Bakhtiyarli Ikhtiyar Bahram oglu
academician Aliyev Agadadash Mahmud oglu
doctor of sciences in chemistry Ahmadov Vagif Malik oglu
doctor of sciences in chemistry Afandi Arif Javanshir oglu
doctor of sciences in chemistry Ismayilov Etibar Hummat oglu
corresponding member Kalbaliyev Gudret Isfandiyar oglu
doctor of sciences in chemistry Suleymanov Gulmammad Ziyaddin oglu
doctor of sciences in technique Sadigov Fikret Mammad oglu
doctor of sciences in chemistry Sadigov Fuad Mikayil oglu
doctor of sciences in chemistry Zeynalov Nizami Allahverdi oglu
academician Nagiyev Tofiq Murtuza oglu
corresponding member Majidov Ajdar Akbar oglu
- deputy chairman
- bureau members
doctor of sciences in chemistry, prof. Arif Efendi
doctor of sciences in chemistry Elsa Salahova
doctor of sciences in chemistry Dilbar Ajdarova
PhD in chemistry, leading researcher Vagif Gasimov
PhD in chemistry, leading researcher Aygun Rustamova
|PR responsible person||Gunel Askerova Meharet gizi|
|Doctors of sciences|